Jeanne – 90 Years Young

Happy birthday to the most incredible, most inspirational, most captivating 90 year old I have ever known.

Jeanne Murray celebrated her 90th milestone birthday on February 27, 2017. On this day, she joined more than 1.9 million nonagenarians between 90 and 99 years old. The family birthday celebration took place on the San Diego harbor Hornblower Cruise ship.

Jeanne told me. “ I don’t want to be 90, I’d rather stay 89 years old.” She changed her mind when I told her the number 9 in numerology was an odd, mystical, superior, lucky number. Believed or not, it made her laugh.

Jeanne became a highly regarded registered nurse in hospital settings, and combined her nursing and business expertise into successful board and care facilities in San Diego. She actively oversees the business her grandchildren operate. They say she is still “the boss.”

Originally from Kentucky, her young life full of growing up stories back when, as she said, “We were poor as dirt.” There were nine children in the family, five still living. Jeanne married twice and had three children; one sadly passed away a few years ago. Today she has nine grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

Her secret, making it to 90 years, is to keep active, in spite of aches, pains, medical problems, and the tempting seat on a sofa. Her birthday wish is a nostalgia trip to Kentucky. Her last travel back in time there was 20 years ago. She knows the places she remembers will be changed, but it doesn’t matter. Her siblings are there. Her vivid memory will bring back the original houses, buildings and people, with more “remember when” stories to tell.

Jeanne’s Family Photo Gallery

Advertisements

About C.E.Robinson

Sunny southern California has been home for the past 25 years, a transplant from the east coast, Europe, Asia, and the northwest. In 2014 I retired as a nurse practitioner to be a stay-at-home writer, co-author, and blogger. From the blog beginning, Before Sundown has been honored with awards, and blog tours. I’m ever grateful for my dedicated worldwide followers who like, share and tweet posts. Before Sundown’s Welcome Page is full of glorious sunsets and sunrises. The New Featured Monthly Sunrise or Sunset Header and mini-bio promote and support blogger friends. What better way to keep the blog theme, “remember what made you smile” than to give visitors something to smile about! http://cerobinsonauthor.com
This entry was posted in My Blog, My Entries and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Jeanne – 90 Years Young

1. Happy Birthday to Jeanne. It looks like having a positive attitude is right up there with good living 🙂 I hope I’m as energetic and spirited when I turn 90!

Liked by 1 person

2. GP Cox says:

Happy Birthday, Jeanne!! Enjoy!!

Liked by 1 person

3. Ellen Nemiroff says:

What a beautifully written story about a remarkable woman . We can all learn a lot about her beautiful attitude in life. Thank you for sharing it with us .

Liked by 1 person

4. Jodi says:

Happy birthday Jeanne. Looks like you are LIVING Life well

Liked by 1 person

5. OMG, fantastic post, Christine! Belated happy birthday to Jeanne! What a lovely post for Women’s History Month too. Mega hugs to you both.

Liked by 1 person

6. Her spirit really comes through here, Christine. In the photos and your lovely words. May we all be as glorious at 90 !!!

Liked by 1 person

7. dweezer19 says:

Happy Birthday, Happy Life, Jeanne! I agree with her philosophy. Hope she gets that Kentucky reminiscent visit. Hugs.

8. Christy B says:

How wonderful! I can tell Jeanne has such a vibrancy about her from how you describe her and the photos 🙂

9. Happy birthday to Jeanne. All the blessings for her and her family. It’s always nice to meet wonderful people

Liked by 1 person

10. Sartenada says:

Happy Birthday to Jeanne. Lovely reading You offered to us. Thank You.

Liked by 1 person

11. sheldonk2014 says:

sometimes the memories
    Are better than the
    Real thing,thank you
    For visiting
    Just dropped by to say hello
    As Sheldon Always

Liked by 1 person

12. Just goes to prove that LIVING LIFE rather than existing as a mere ENTITY is possible at nearly every age. Jeanne is quite a woman! I wish her many more years of happiness.

13. You are right, she’s 90 years young!😊😊❤❤ I hope she had a marvellous birthday and cheers to many more!😘😘 Loved reading the article and the pictures. Have a great day ☺☺

Liked by 1 person

14. Kev says:

With you on the young bit!

Liked by 1 person