60th High School Reunion

Nostalgia’s the perfect word to describe visits back east to Connecticut. This September was for the 60th Danbury High School reunion, and memory packed days with my sister, Marlene and her family in Bethel, CT. Other highlights of the trip; A short drive to Kent, CT to visit a family friend, Barrie, an author, herbalist and ethnobotanist, and her son Chris, and a longer trip to Grafton, MA to see our first cousin Fred and his wife Rachel.

Noteworthy, both states have tree-lined highways, tree-lined back roads, tree-lined babbling brooks, quiet ponds, and towering trees on personal property with singing birds, and flittering squirrels. A deer or two might even leisurely stroll by. That’s a stark difference to Southern California with scattered palm trees, and semi-arid Mediterranean climate and land.

by Brittany (The Gypsy LPN)

After the reunion, which Marlene attended with me, we planned a luncheon with close high school girlfriends, Gay, Karlene, Sally, Rosemary, Maxine, Annie, and Carolyn. It was a small high school, everyone friends at some level. Marlene graduated one year before us, but we considered her just one of the girls.

Of course we talked about the reunion at the luncheon, how much fun it was seeing so many classmates since the 50th reunion that were still able to walk, talk, smile and laugh in spite of inevitable signs of aging. We marveled at ourselves among them. It was heartwarming to share our group’s high school memories, and life happenings since our mini-reunion last year. Our promise stands firm, we’ll meet every year no matter what!

Good friend Gay has the right idea to mark our yearly get-togethers. Raise your glasses everyone. Here’s to aging well and forever friendships.

Photos Gallery

50th (2007) & 60th (2017) DHS Reunion, The Mini-Reunion (2016) & Others

Advertisements

About C.E.Robinson

Sunny southern California has been home for the past 30 years, a transplant from the east coast, Europe, Asia, and the northwest. In 2014 I retired as a nurse practitioner to be a stay-at-home writer, co-author, and blogger. From the blog beginning, Before Sundown has been honored with awards, and blog tours. I’m ever grateful for my dedicated worldwide followers who like, share and tweet posts. Before Sundown’s Welcome Page is full of glorious sunsets and sunrises. The New Featured Monthly Sunrise or Sunset Header and mini-bio promote and support blogger friends. What better way to keep the blog theme, “remember what made you smile” than to give visitors something to smile about! http://cerobinsonauthor.com
This entry was posted in My Blog, My Entries and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to 60th High School Reunion

1. Dan Antion says:

Beautiful photos, Christine. I know the areas you traveled through, they are very pretty.

Liked by 1 person

2. That looks like so much fun, Christine. And I’m so glad you got to do all that visiting. Time Flies, huh? I love the smiles. 🙂

• C.E.Robinson says:

Thanks, Diana. It’s always so good to go “back home” to see family and friends. We all seem to pick up where we left off, and have so much fun reminiscing about our high school years. Some of us go back to junior high school. We did a lot of smiling and laughing! 💜 Christine

Liked by 1 person

3. That was quite an enjoyable experience I can see from all the photos, The only one I ever went to was my 20th. Getting to take the trip to get there for you was an added bonus! I enjoy looking at the old high school photos. Where DID the time go I wonder as well?

• C.E.Robinson says:

Thanks so much, Greg for your comment. Well, we kept saying that too. Where did all the time go? How did we get to be sooo “old.” Still we laughed a lot and had tons of fun reminiscing. And we’ll meet every year no matter what! Christine

4. Wow this is lovely and you look amazing! xo

5. mihrank says:

Christine, I have a deep appreciation for your post…beautiful story and photos..Bravo

• C.E.Robinson says:

Mihran, so nice to read your comment here. Happy you stopped by and liked the post. It was an incredible time with good high school friends. We’re committed to keep our friendship alive every year. Christine

6. What a marvelous, joyous, purely positive post, Christine! Thank you so very much for sharing it with us. I loved all the photos too. Hugs on the wing!

7. Andrew Joyce says:

Great post … and wonderful pictures.

Liked by 1 person

8. It’s a blessing just having the opportunity to attend such a wonderful event. It looks like you had a marvelous time. Wishing you many more reunions!!!!

9. sheldonk2014 says:

Now that really a mile stone
    Support & encouragement
    As Sheldon Always

Liked by 1 person

10. Good for you-going to your 60th reunion! I don’t go to the big ones but five of us college friends meet every year at a different state to celebrate making it through each year. We are from Alabama and Massachusetts and Long Island and Florida and Pennsylvania. Making the effort to still meet up and play together is another sign of staying young. Love your photos. That area of Connecticut is gorgeous.

11. C.E.Robinson says:

Thank you so much for your visit and comment. Our girlfriends group will meet every year too for a mini-reunion. It does keep us young, we’re getting up there to the 80 mark. We probably should plan something wild and wonderful for that year! Connecticut has beautiful scenery, I love going back for my yearly visits. Christine

12. How remarkable to still be in touch with people from High School after 60 years! yes! Here’s to aging well!