Thank you, The Mindful Expat for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award! I’m fairly new to the Land of Blog and I’m honored to be recognized and Libstered! I’ve been following The Mindful Expat for some time now and I enjoy her personable, insightful posts. She’s an American psychologist living in Lyon, France with her engineer Frenchman. To spark some conversation about cultural differences, self-awareness and mindful living, she writes about international adventures and her inner and outer journey. Her site includes Resources for; expats, out and about in Lyon, and Mindfulness.
Her blog site is well worth the visit. http://mindfulexpat.wordpress.com
What is the Liebster Blog Award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Liebster Blog Award Rules
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the Liebster Award and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 11 questions they’ve asked you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or fewer for the award.
4. Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know you nominated them once you’ve posted about your Liebster Award.
6. Add the Liebster Award badge to your blog!
Question created by The Mindful Expat for me, and my answers!
1. What inspired you to start your blog? And if it’s not totally obvious, how did you come up with the name for your blog. I wanted to write about two books, Before Sundown everyday, and Happily Ever After. The blog expanded into other categories, Featured Friends, Family & Friends Photo Gallery and other fun things. The title of the blog is pretty obvious, Before Sundown, with a different tagline, remember what made you smile. Overtime I was inspired by blogger friends’ (Ellen Hawley, Notes from the U.K.,& Maggie Wilson, Zombies Ate My Brains) mastery of humor in writing to try some of my own. It worked! I started writing right to the “edge.” The Mindful Expat described my site as the eclectic and whimsical blog of a retired nurse practitioner turned writer! Yay!!! A sprinkle of magical fairy dust for The Mindful Expat!
Do real people in your life know about your blog (and read it), or do you keep it anonymous? Yes, real people in my life know about and read my blog, especially when they are featured.
3. If someone were to make a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you? Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland).
4. What genre would best characterize your movie? Fantasy Fiction. A big step up from a whimsical fairyland and magical fairy dust!
On second thought, I need to grow up and get out of fairyland sometime. So, #3 would be Kate Beckinsale! (Pearl Harbor). It’s obvious! #4 would be Epic War Movie with action, drama and romance! Even though I loved little, white rabbits and all animals as a kid!
5. What’s one item on your bucket list that you hope to accomplish in the next few years?Publish those two books! Before Sundown everyday and Happily Ever After!
6. If you came back in another life as a (non-human) animal, which one would you want to be? A dog! German shepherd or Husky. Or maybe a wolf.
7. What languages can you speak? English, Italian, and very rudimentary Japanese and Greek (with a lot of help).
8. What’s your favorite food that you discovered as an adult? There’s nothing in the food category. How about a beverage? Starbuck’s Mocha Frappuccino!
9. Name one thing you’re grateful for? Today! There’s no guaranteed tomorrow!
10. Name one great book you’ve read (relatively recently) that you’d like to recommend to others (i.e., me). The Giver by Lois Lowry (winner of the 1994 Newberry Medal). Balancing the values of freedom and security.
11. Do you listen to podcasts? If so, tell us one of your favorites. No, not listening yet.
HERE ARE MY OWN ELEVEN (11) LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD NOMINEES!
Beforehand, I apologize to any nominee with over 200 followers. On some blog sites, it’s hard to figure out numbers. I’ve tried to recognize new bloggers and some more advanced that have amazing blog sites. Visit them and you’ll see what I mean! Of course, there were some really awesome bloggers that have hundreds of followers and don’t qualify!
Of course, some of you are busy bloggers and may not want to accept this award nomination. I do understand, and I’ll still follow you! I thank you and I’m grateful that you’re following my blog. I’ll let you know about your nomination in a comment on your site. It will take me a little time, so don’t be shocked, be happy, if you get this post beforehand!
1. The Thoughts and Life of Me. Masgautsen, a young, in her twenties, blogger from Stavanger in Norway, is interested in music, books, film, T.V. shows, politics, and what goes on in society. Her three parts autumn in Ireland posts and photographs will make you want to visit there. http://thethoughtsandlifeofme.com
2. Shiny Introvert. She lives in Dubai. She has three blog sites and on this new one she is anonymous. Her blog is to explore “the real me when no one knows who is behind these words.” I suggested a make-up name. She thought it was a great idea, consulted her Introvert self and they both agreed that her real name – Aleksandra – would be OK. Her writing is personable, introspective, of course, and fun. http://shinyintrovert.wordpress.com
3. Megdekorne, Doorway to jubilee. Megdekorne is a mother, artist, memory-keeper and writer, passionate about all things that inspires. Her posts are pieces of art! She’s writing Beatitude Point, 1972-2014, a memoir, a journal, a lyrical narrative that chronicles the adventures of four friends, Chris, Dale, Buzz and her brother Dave aboard a boat named “Venture.” Well worth the read! http://megdekorne.com
4. Almost Iowa. He’s German and has an uncanny way of writing with humor. One of his recent posts, Never Annoy a Wizard (a beer, a bar and a book) is a great short story. And that’s just one of them! A good laugh about life! http://almostiowa.com
5. WHOLE-istic Life. Merideth Cohrs is a certified Holistic Health Coach and Wellness Advocate with TERRA essential oils. She lives in Issaquah, WA, a beautiful mountain hamlet near Seattle. It’s the perfect place to make a balanced and Whole-istic life. She got there by way of the navy, a small business in corporate America, and her own sickness. It’s an inspirational journey! Her blog site is a delight to see and will tempt you to read all about Essential Oils, Natural Medicine, Whole Foods, Move Your Body, and Motivation. http://meridethcohrs.wordpress.com
6. Ori Yeye nii Mogun. A young Nigerian woman who wants to bring alive dreams of sharing her experiences of the way she views the world. She wants to be the voice for herself and the normal everyday folks in villages and small towns. Her blog site is full of history and culture portrayed in wonderful stories. http://folakemiodoje.com
7. 4utu. It’s Your Life. Drive! Estella Caballero is a photographer, writer, blogger, and artist! She was born in Mexico and lives in the US. She hopes to make you laugh and find a glimmer of hope to get you through the day. Differences abound and there is richness in diversity. She has stories on the site that are the beginnings of a book – her life’s work. She wants your visit to her blog to be your window. Tell her what you see. She’s listening! http://4utu.wordpress.com
8. randommusings. “Everything you can imagine is real.” – Pablo Picasso. Saakshi Kale is a sixteen-year-old girl who lives in Mumbai, the city of dreams. Her primary interest is in people. She loves reading and is passionate about swimming, and fond of traveling. She’s an honest, mature writer and her blog is alive with spirit. Visit her blog site, and The Himalayan Chronicles are a must read. http://meanthe30dayproject.wordpress.com
9. Hong Kong Lucida. A Thinking Street Photography Blog. Eddie Tay is a poet, a university professor, a photographer, and a reviews editor. In search of poetry, he became a photographer! His blog seeks to address the question,“ What can Hong Kong teach me about street photography, and what can street photography teach me about Hong Kong?” Visit his blog site and you will see! http://hongkonglucida.com
10. Rudinahp. Rudina Heri-Puka lives in Kosovo. She has a daughter named Bora (means snow in Albania). She started a blog because writing is her passion. She shares posts on emotions, parenthood, economics, politics and energy. She’s a new blogger and has a lot to say. Visit her blog site and learn more about her. http://rudinahp.wordpress.com
11. WriterinSoul. Who the Hell is This Person and What Does She Write About (And Will You Like It?). Collette has a delightful blog! She’s an eclectic, humorous writer with some short, serious thought posts. She also thinks of herself as an artist. But if she had to choose between writing and making things, it would be writing! Visit her blog for more. http://writerinsoul.wordpress.com
HERE ARE MY ELEVEN (11) QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES, THOSE THAT CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Where do you live? Why do you live there?
2. What is your favorite season of the year?
3. What have you learned about yourself recently?
4. Describe a happy memory from your childhood.
5. What is the best book you’ve read recently?
6. If someone were to make a movie of your life, what actress would you want to play you? What genre would best characterize your movie? (Of course it’s a repeat favorite question).
7. If you could live in another time, what time would that be?
8. If you could be an animal, what animal would that be and why?
9. Why did you decide to start blogging?
10. Where do you find inspiration for what you write?
11. What is your blog theme (or more than one), stories, photography, books or poems? Why did you choose that blog title?