As a new blogger, I was surprised and honored to be selected for an award. Greg Mercer from Big Red Carpet Nursing nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
I’ve been following Greg for some time now. He has a master degree in nursing, and he’s a psych nurse, a hospital educator, and a nursing professor. His site has diverse topics; tips on people skills, mental health, some art and other fun stuff. It’s not just for nurses about nursing! It’s good information for anyone! His subtitle says it all: You Can Thrive, With The Right Tools! Check out his site http://bigredcarpetnursing.com
Thank you Greg, for this One Lovely Blog Award!
About The One Lovely Blog Award
Nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who choses them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
- List the Rules and Display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to you post and/or blog.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- Nominate around 15 bloggers that you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Follow the blogger that nominated you (if not already)!
Not because of the rule to nominate 15 bloggers and not because the award is for newer or up-and-coming bloggers, I want to nominate the following bloggers because they are experienced bloggers. I know them through their interesting and creative blog sites. I’ve learned a thing or two by following them! I appreciate and I’m grateful for all of the people who chose to read and follow my blog.
I thank you, new blogger friends on the nomination list, and those not on the list. There really could be more. But there’s acceptance work involved and some bloggers are too busy writing books or creating new and interested posts. And some bloggers have too many awards (can that really happen?) and not accepting more, while other have hundreds of followers already (could there be too many?).
Some of you busy, busy bloggers and bloggers with many, many followers on the list qualify for not accepting the nomination. I do understand. Please keep the thank you and gratitude anyway for following my blog. I’ll let you know about your nomination in a comment on your site. It will take me a little time. Don’t be shocked if you get this post beforehand.
http://writerinsoul.wordpress.com – Collette
http://silverthreading.com – This is her 3rd One Lovely award!
http://lifeinbetween.me – Jodi has been nominated before for this award.
http://vanbytheriver.wordpress.com – She loves poetry and music.
http://meridethcohrs.wordpress.com – Essential oils and health topics.
http://grandmalin.wordpress.com – Too many awards but not The One Lovely Blog!
http://nutstrok.wordpress.com – Kathleen
http://bemuzin.com – Sammy D.
http://farmerfarthing.com – Sam – The Asylum Manager!
http://barbarapyett.wordpress.com – Children’s Book Author among other things!
http://notesfromtheuk.com – Ellen
Now for the 7 things about me!
- I was an Ex-Pat for 15 years in Italy, Greece and Japan (5 years in each country).
- I wrote a poem and gave it to TV/film actor Telly Savalis for his mother, Christina.
- I went to Washington State U. WITH my two sons, and their girlfriends (now wives).
- I modeled for an Illustrator Photographer and was featured on east coast billboards!
- I skied on the Matterhorn (Italian Alps) every winter while in Italy.
- I published poetry, and it led me to creative non-fiction writing.
- I love dogs and have 2 handsome Shi Tzus, Sammy and Charley!